Hey there, Tanya Kersey here and welcome back to part two of this article. We’ve been focusing on how you can get yourself focused and ready for success in 2017. So today I want to jump back in and talk about the 16 key questions you need to know the answers to if you want to succeed in achieving your film maker goals.
So what I want you to do now is get out a piece of paper and start writing the answers to these questions to get you to start mulling over your past year:
- What did I learn? What skills or knowledge awareness did I learn?
- What did I accomplish? A list of wins and your top 3 big achievements. Too often, we don’t take time in acknowledging and celebrating how far we’ve come. This could be setting up finance for your film, selling your script, setting up a success crowd campaign and getting your website up and running. Whatever it was for you, make a note of it and celebrate. This is really an important step in recognising what’s working and what is not working.
- What would I have done differently and why?
- What did I complete or release? What still feels incomplete to me?
- What were the most significant events of your past year? List the top 3.
- What did I do right? What do I feel especially good about? What was my greatest contribution?
- What were the fun things I did? What were the not so fun?
- What were my biggest challenges, roadblocks, difficulties, obstacles? In other words, what held you back and how can you overcome them?
- What am I grateful for? Everybody is grateful for something, what are you grateful for?
- Are you satisfied with what you have accomplished?
- What have you learnt from your experiences?
- How satisfied are you with your current career situation as compared to the past?
- What didn’t work last year? Where do you feel you fell short of your expectations, why didn’t it work?
- What do you intend to do for the goal you intended to reach, but didn’t? Here is a big questions – why didn’t you?
- Who inspired me in my professional life in 2016 and how can I build a connection with that person in 2017?
- Did I do everything possible to support myself in achieving goals and if not, what can I change?
That’s a lot reflection! Take your time and really think it through because it’s really going to help you plan for the future. Be honest with yourself, no one is going to see it. The more clear you’re on what didn’t work, the clearer you’ll be on what you’re going to create for yourself next year. You’re probably wondering why I’m doing this?
Well you’re doing this to identify your mistakes. So you will be less likely to repeat them and to learn from lessons of the past. In closing, I’d just like to say you can’t purchase tomorrow’s success by continuing to invest in yesterday’s mistakes.
Change your focus and change your destination.
Pop the cork and celebrate 2016 for what it was and 2017 for what it will be!